There are many different forms of proteins and each and every one is created differently. Whey protein is considered to be among the superior types of proteins. It is one of the widely known sports nutrient supplements and has a reputation because of its benefits in muscle development. Whey Protein helps muscle growth, lose unnecessary fat from the body and maintains the body strength optimally.
Whey Protein are recommended to the gym goers training for bodybuilding. Whey Protein supplements contain a range of amino acids essential for your body. It helps your muscles heal and grow after they break down during an intense training session. It is consumed by many expert bodybuilders to help them maintain their physique and stay healthy.
Whey Protein Helps you in Muscle Growth like Never Before
Whey is the liquid part of milk that is separated during cheese production. A mixture of proteins then isolated from the whey are known as Whey Protein. After whey is separated in cheese production, it goes through a series of processes and then becomes available to us as Whey Protein in powder form. This powder then can be added to shakes, meal replacements, and protein bars.
Whey Protein does not taste very good on its own, so it is usually available in different flavors. Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavored powders are commonly preferred. It is added to shakes and protein bars which are commonly consumed by bodybuilders to help them stimulate their muscle growth.
However, like most things, too much consumption of Whey Protein Supplements can have some side effects. These side effects may include –
- Kidney stone formation
- Liver damage
- Nausea and stomach ache
But after talking to your trainer and drawing up a proper intake plan for your Whey Protein supplements, your consumption will lead you to effective and beneficial results. If you have just started working out and are on the way to intense bodybuilding exercises to build muscles, you should consider adding Whey Protein Supplements to your diet.
Why is Whey Protein needed?
Your muscles rely on adequate proteins’ availability for them to grow. That means maintaining a balance between protein breakdown and protein intake. If you keep training and your protein intake is not balanced, instead of helping you achieve your fitness goals, the training will destroy your muscles. It is necessary that your intake of protein is higher than its breakdown, for your muscles to preserve and grow. Whey Protein provides amino acids required by your muscles to heal and grow after a heavy training session. It also reduces unnecessary fat in your body and increases your body strength.
Best Quality of Whey Protein for you
There are two types of Whey Proteins.
- Whey Protein powder is filtered and neutralized with citric acid. This filtration increases the concentration of whey protein up to 80 percent. Further micro-filtration can boost this up to 90 percent concentration of whey protein. The liquid form is then warmed and dried to make whey protein powder. This form of whey protein still contains some fat and carbohydrate in the form of lactose.
- In this type of whey protein, water is removed from the solution along with all the lactose and cholesterol leading to 95 percent of whey protein concentration.
When choosing your brand of Whey Protein Supplement, you should choose wisely. Make sure you select the one that meets all the needs and requirements of your body.
Why should you consider Whey Protein Supplements?
Bodybuilders should consider whey protein supplements for intake in their daily routines. It helps in the growth of muscles mass and body strength. Few reasons you should consider whey protein supplements are
- Loss of fat and muscle preservation. Intake of whey protein supplements reduces the body fat significantly, giving you a lean but healthy physique. It also helps your muscles heal and grow effectively after a heavy work out session.
- Increased strength. Hitting the gym hard only does not increase your strength and stamina. In fact, without proper nutrients, it might even do the opposite and weaken you. Whey protein will help you increase your stamina.
- Even though a proper diet is important, but if you gorge on food after working out, it will all for naught. Intake of whey protein will help you to keep your hunger in control and make sure your diet includes all the necessary things only.
- Whey protein also improves your immune system.
How to consume Whey Protein Supplements?
- Add the whey protein powder to a liquid of your choice, water or milk are widely preferred drinks.
- Amount of whey protein you should consume depends on the requirement of your body.
- You can add an egg or bananas with a glass of whey protein supplement and take is in your breakfast.
When should Whey Protein be consumed?
Whey Protein Supplements is known to be particularly effective for muscle growth when consumed right before, after or during a workout. However, the relevant factor is that it is consumed on the daily basis. When consumed properly, then when it is consumed is not really important.
Why should you take Whey Protein?
It is preferred by many athletes because –
- It helps in digestion
- Reduces body fat, providing you lean physique.
- Heals and rebuilds your muscles quickly and effectively
- Maintains the calories in your body to make sure that too much loss of calories does not affect you negatively
Benefits of Whey Protein Supplements
Whey protein is more than just a high-quality protein source. It contains other beneficial nutrients such as lactoferrin, beta lactoglobulin, alpha lactalbumin, and immunoglobulins. Whey protein has various other benefits beyond the growth of muscles and strength.
- Whey protein lowers the blood pressure, blood sugar and reduces the symptoms of stress and depression.
- It also helps protect against cancer and reduces symptoms of hepatitis.
- It increases bone mineral density, improves immune functions, and has been proven to improve lifespan in mice.